Today I spent some time uploading art work into our Virtual Gallery. I have neglected this area of the blog this year but I plan to change that starting now!
Art sessions are a very important part of our week.
- We experiment with colour, shape and texture.
- Use visual expression as a means of communication.
- Express our feelings.
- Experience pride in our accomplishments.
- Develop an understanding of cause and effect.
- Experience sensory pleasure by working with a variety of media.
- Develop small muscle skills.
- Refine hand eye coordination.
- Share and cooperate with others
- Solve simple problems.
- Develop planning skills
All while we are having fun!
In the Virtual gallery you will also find some fantastic online art activities for kids and adults and links to the art blogs that inspire me.
You can find a permanent link to out Virtual Gallery in the left margin of the blog. Or, click on the picture of Luke working with clay and you will be there in a flash!